It’s also super competitive and requires a lot of hard, hard work to maintain.
However, there are some really fantastic things about blogging and being a blogger (that I have found from personal experience). I’m still going, and so are lots of other bloggers, and so something must be keeping us all motivated day after day!
My blog is now 8 months old and I haven’t looked back! Yes of course I struggle to find the time to blog in between being a busy Mum and Wife, and I do sometimes get writer’s block…but it is my brilliant hobby that I literally can’t put down!
So if you too have been considering starting a blog, then here are the 10 reasons why you should start:
- If you have a passion for writing then it is a creative outlet for this. It also helps developing your writing skills, by gauging what other people like/dislike about your work.
- Many bloggers find it therapeutic – especially if they have been through an event, or have certain issues that they want to share with other people. Writing it down can help.
- Blogging increases your confidence. Especially as more people like your posts and read your blog.
- For many, it is a hobby that they can do around the family and with ease. A great deal of bloggers work on their blog in the evenings when the children are in bed.
- Companies may ask you to review their products in return for a post. Getting products to try (and keep), or be paid for it, can be a very rewarding and an exciting part of blogging.
- You need hardly any overheads – just a laptop or PC. You can set up a blog for free in the first stages, to see whether you like it or not.
- The blogging community is supportive – and many bloggers have made a lot of new friends through it (me included!). There is a lot of support and advice from people who have been blogging for some time.
- It is a great way of recording memories, and sharing photographs that you can keep and remember in years to come.
- For some bloggers it may lead onto others avenues/areas – such as writing, journalism, setting up a business, PR, writing a book etc. Many bloggers start their blogs with some of these as their goals.
- It’s fun! Thinking of an idea, writing it down, developing it and then publishing it as a post makes you incredibly proud! It’s a great feeling producing work that YOU did!
So, with all that…what are you waiting for?!
If you do start a blog, good luck. And if you want to – please do get in touch. I’d love to hear from you.
For more hints and tips on my first 6 months in blogging, and for how to get ahead, you can read my post here.