I’ve been blogging for nearly a whole year now (I know, I can’t believe it either!). And yet in all that time I’ve only recently started taking part in linky’s.
For those of you who think I’ve been so far behind the times…I have been. But – like many things in blogging – it is so easy to… a) miss these things, and b) not have the time to join in.
I’m now converted however. I LOVE a good linky.
Not only have they helped boost the number of people visiting my blog, they’ve also brought new blogs to me too.
What is a linky?…
A linky is a theme that one (or more) blogger(s) creates. They are usually run weekly or monthly. The blogger writes a post related to their theme (such as recipes) and anyone wanting to join in links up a post on that theme.
Linky’s can be broad topics such as parenting, or more in-depth like blogging tips, or quite simply be photographs with no words. Some linky’s are designed to just share your best posts!
Here are my 5 reasons why, as a blogger, I regularly join in with them:
1. It’s a great way of finding a diverse selection of blogs; ones that I may have not previously found via social media.
2. It helps other people see my blog and promote my blog further. It has increased the number of visits and comments on my blog.
3. It helps give me inspiration when I may be having a lack of it! Linky themes help focus my mind and get my creativity flowing!
4. They’ve helped me foster new friendships and relationships in blogging.
5. There’s no pressure to join in each week/month – especially if I’m busy and haven’t the time. It’s so flexible.
A few months ago, myself and some other bloggers decided to co-host one! We felt brave! We named it Sunday Stars. A chance to link up to x3 posts (old or new), share them and give them some love! It’s been such a success. We’re getting approximately 60+ blog posts linking up each week. Amazing really!
Some of my other favourite linky’s to take part in each week are the following (my list is ever growing though!):
My Captured Moment by Running in Lavender (Thursday)
Multiple Madness by Mami 2 Five (Tuesday)
Share With Me by Lets Talk Mommy (Wednesday)
The Ordinary Moments by Mummy Daddy Me (Sunday)
(…..to name but a few!)
I really love finding new linky’s and joining in with ones I find. My list is growing each week.