For some reason quite a few people seem to like my Instagram account It has nicely crept up to 7.5k followers in the last 2 years, which I am continually amazed and astounded by!
I must admit though – as this blog post title suggests – that I do love and totally adore this photo-sharing app. Out of all the social media channels it is still BY FAR my favourite!
Instagram is cool, oh-so-stylish, very interesting. And utterly beautiful.
And apparently 300 million people each month think so too.
Why do I like it so much? Well I love seeing other peoples life stories through their use of photographs. Snippets here and there of their lives / homes / families.
Most of my photos are mugs of latte, cake, the twins, what I’m wearing, my home, flowers and our days out. And still a lot of my feet!
My Instagram tips…
I love taking snaps of my day and sharing them. I treat mine like an online photograph album – to keep forever. I think of it the same way I would towards my wedding album; trying only to post photographs that are good quality and that mean something special to me.
- I follow about 1.3k people of all walks of life, with all kinds of different styles. I get some great ideas and inspiration from them – not just for photography but for my own life too…on fashion, interiors and food!
- I also use a combination of iPhone 6s Plus and DSLR (Canon 100d) shots for my pictures; trying to use the best quality I can.
- I don’t use any filters – just adding brightness and sharpness within the Instagram app itself.
- I post 3-4 times a day. At various times.
- Engagement is important for me. If someone has taken the time to write something I always like to reply. So I try to reply to most comments on my pictures. I also spend a lot of time ‘liking’ and commenting on other peoples photo’s too.
- I use about 10 hashtags per photo – like #family #love #twins etc.
- When I post, I share it to my Twitter and Facebook accounts too.
- Most of all – I try to snap things here and there that I like…things that look pretty or interesting. And things I want to look at again.
I love photography and am so pleased that it gets positive feedback. I am also very happy that my little obsession for taking pictures is shared by many others, and that there are so many talented and wonderful people on Instagram who I can stalk too!!
For some amazing Instagram accounts that are swoon-worthy please do go and follow:
Rachel, The Ordinary Lovely (below)
Lucy, Capture by Lucy (below)
Emily, Brick Dust and Glitter (below)
Are you a self confessed Insta-obsessive too?
Love, Jess x