The twins both start school this September, which is coming around SO quickly! I can’t believe that they will be so big! I will miss them incredibly during the week, however, they are indeed now very ready to start school; it feels the right time for them to start in order to develop both their academic and personal skills.
Over the last few weeks they have both been enjoying going into their new reception class for some taster sessions and excitement levels are high! They adore their new classroom and teacher. As a result I feel so comfortable sending them in; it’s an exciting next chapter of our lives.
That means though that we have very little left together of the remaining term-time, as well as the last 6 weeks of the summer holidays until they begin their school journey. I therefore want to do as much with them as I can. I want to experience things – laugh, play and learn as much as we can before they venture off into primary school life.
The things we therefore have planned to do on our bucket list for this summer are:
- Visit new local parks
- Fly a kite
- Learn to ride bikes without stabilisers
- Visit a museum
- Ride on a train
- Go fruit picking and then make smoothies
- Do something kind for someone else
- Have an outdoors picnic
- See our friends
- Learn to get dressed, brush teeth, put on shoes & coats on their own!
- Have lunch out somewhere new
- Go shopping for new school shoes
- Play board games
- Enjoy cake in a cafe
- Make cards for their teachers
- Go for a really, really long walk
- Read plenty of stories together
- Take some amazing photos
- Visit Daddy at work
- Get books out of the library
- Make a cake
- Watch a movie on a rainy afternoon with popcorn & blankets
- Spend a lot of time laughing!
Is there anything you’d suggest to add to our family summer bucket list?
I’ll keep you posted on our progress this summer!
Love, Jess x