The Easter before we fly off on our holidays

I know, I know, I’m going on holiday during Easter time — are you fed up of me going on about it yet?!

But seriously. Only 3 weeks to go!

Before we jet off to sunnier climes, it’s Easter time — and that means plenty of chocolate, the Easter bunny visiting us, time off school & work, roast dinners, fizz and catching up with family. For me, it also signifies the onset of spring, which makes me feel really happy and is a refreshing change from being in the depths of winter.

I’ve actually been talking everything Easter recently with Sainsbury’s Home, as they asked me to share with them what our family would be getting up to during this time of year. I was absolutely delighted to work with them on this (I love shopping there for food and home-ware) and have been SO excited to feature over on their blog and social media!

Over on their blog I am talking about hosting two kinds of events — one for the adults, which is a more formal setting with roast lamb and champagne, and then a party for our twins and their little friends, full of chocolate and plenty of yummy treats!

For the adults meal, we love to cook a full-on roast dinner and usually tend to invite both of our parents over at Easter time. This is always lovely for them to come and see the grandchildren and for us to host a meal for all of them. We love serving lamb plus seasonal vegetables and delicious desserts.

For the twins we love to throw a little themed party with their close friends. This year we plan to start with an egg hunt in the garden, collecting as many treats as they can find from the Easter bunny, and then sit down for food such as pizza, humous and vegetables, and fruit. Playing games and dressing up is also loads of fun of when you are little too.

The Sainsbury’s homeware range literally has everything we want as a family — from cutlery through to roasting trays, chocolate eggs and all the food we need. As well as the cute Easter decorationsĀ I also love to have their fresh flowers on my table too. The Sainsbury’s homeware collection also has everything to suit all styles; I like a modern look to suit my home and so the white dinner set is my favourite mixed in with the Helsinki range.

You can read more from the fullĀ Sainsbury’s Home blog here.

Happy Easter guys.

Love, Jess x

Post written in collaboration with Sainsbury’s Home.

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

16 Comments

1. March 17, 2018 / 6:27 am

Ooh this all looks delicious and ever so pretty!! We’re off on holiday too over Easter and I just can’t wait xx

• March 17, 2018 / 9:45 am

Thanks and have a wonderful easter too — love Jess xx

2. March 18, 2018 / 8:12 am

This looks so lovely and what a sweet idea to have a little Easter party for the kids. I love the Sainsbury’s homeware ranges and can spend hours just having a mooch around the homeware section in the shop! I hope you have a lovely Easter Jess and a wonderful holiday too xx

• March 18, 2018 / 11:38 am

Thanks lovely — happy easter and have a wonderful break šŸ™‚ xx

3. March 18, 2018 / 3:55 pm

Thanks for all of the inspiration, Jess!! We’re hosting a children’s egg hunt on Good Friday and then a vegetarian Easter celebration on the Saturday. Just need to find a good vege alternative to the lamb and I’m sorted now x

• March 18, 2018 / 4:20 pm

Ooh yum! Enjoy and have a fab time šŸ™‚ xx

4. March 20, 2018 / 4:42 pm

Love these photos Jess, such pretty styling! I love Easter and hosting for both kids and grown ups alike šŸ™‚

• March 20, 2018 / 6:48 pm

Thanks Becky much appreciated — I do love a nice roast dinner with the family and the twins LOVE having little parties xx

5. March 21, 2018 / 6:33 am

I love your kids Easter party, the home bits are gorgeous. We move out on Easter Monday for the final stage of the extension and I’m a bit gutted that we can’t get into the full Easter swing this year due to the mess and chaos, but next year there will be Easter decorations galore and I will definitely be checking out Sainsburys. I love their homeward too! xx

• March 21, 2018 / 10:52 am

You are so busy but it will be worth it! Thanks lovely and have a fab easter break and hope your home is ready soon šŸ™‚ xx

6. March 21, 2018 / 4:32 pm

I think I need to get myself to Sainsburys asap! Gorgeous photos, I love the colours at Easter and also the excuse to scoff chocolates and sink a few glasses of bubbles. Very jealous you are going on holiday, I need some sun on my casper white skin, have a great time lovely.

7. March 22, 2018 / 12:43 pm

Love the two different ways of celebrating Jess, Both are so beautifully styled and sure to be enjoyed by everyone there. Sainsburys is knocking it out of the park with their homeware this season! xx

8. March 22, 2018 / 1:20 pm

Oh what a lovely Easter before you go away. We just did a SH makeover this week such amazing stuff there and loving their new helsinki and riviera ranges for our house too. Happy Easter enjoy your holiday. #wrc

9. March 24, 2018 / 7:07 am

What a beautiful table setting – all the little details really make it lovely. We don’t really do anything special at Easter (apart from the obligatory Easter Egg Hunt!) but now I’m kind of wishing we did!

10. March 27, 2018 / 10:59 am

Sainsbury’s seem to be killing it with their homeware this year, from what I have seen everything looks fab. We don’t celebrate easter with a party or anything like this but it really does look cute x

11. March 28, 2018 / 8:34 am

We don’t normally make too much of Easter with regard to decorations, it’s more of a spiritual event for us so we go to church on Good Friday and Easter Sunday. We do like to have family round though and the roast lamb is a must! Love that central table decoration Jess, it really brightens up the room. xx